Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Monday, June 29, 2020

Ravishing Radish Salad with Fresh Herbs


Our garden had a surge of radishes that were ready to be harvested, so I made this fresh salad using ingredients mostly all from my garden.  It will be awhile until the cucumbers are ready for harvesting, so I picked up one from the store, but the lettuce, basil, dill, and chives came from my garden.  It's a simple recipe, but it was a really good salad and I'll definitely add this to the "make again" folder.  When it came to writing up the ingredient list, I estimated the herbs because I just snipped a bunch without worrying about exact measurements.


Anne's Radish Salad with Herbs and Dressing
Serves 3-4 as side dish

Ingredients:
5 large radishes, chopped
1/2 cucumber, chopped
handful of lettuce leaves, torn to pieces
~6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
~1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill 
~1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Dressing:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.

In a large bowl, toss together all the veggies and herbs.  Pour enough dressing over salad just to lightly coat when tossed (or more if you like it that way).





No comments:

Post a Comment