Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, June 13, 2020

Lemon Dill Salmon in Foil


I was in the mood for salmon and this recipe was a good way to use more of the fresh dill from my garden.  The salmon was very flavorful.  I mostly got buttery lemon flavor with a hint of dill.  I paired it with quinoa and Parmesan roasted asparagus.

Lemon-Dill Salmon in Foil

Ingredients:
1 lb salmon
1/4 cup butter, melted  (I'd use less next time)
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tablespoons chopped dill, divided
salt and pepper

Directions:
In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, lemon juice, zest, garlic, and 1 tablespoon dill.

Line a baking sheet with foil and place salmon on it, skin side down.  (I pre-cut the salmon into fillets and lined them up next to each other in the same foil.) Salt and pepper the salmon to taste.  Fold up all 4 sides of the foil, making a boat, and spoon the butter mixture all over the salmon.  Seal the foil closed.

Bake at 375º for about 20 minutes until cooked and salmon flakes easily.  Serve garnished with fresh dill.

No comments:

Post a Comment