Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, April 19, 2020

Cheesy Chicken Casserole


Not healthy.  Don't care.  Sometimes you just need cheese and bacon.  It was yummy.  I just cooked a whole chicken in the Instant Pot, so I shredded it and used some of that chicken for this recipe.  I also threw in some broccoli in an attempt to add at least some nutritional value.  Approximate measurements in recipe---I mostly just threw handfuls of stuff in and hoped for the best.  It worked.  Looking forward to leftovers tonight. 

Cheesy Chicken Casserole

Ingredients:
~1-1&1/2 lbs cooked chicken (cubed, shredded, whatever)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
~2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
6 slices bacon
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
1 packet Dry Ranch Mix (optional)
4 oz cream cheese, room temp
1 can (10.5 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1-2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs (optional)

Directions:
Season the cooked chicken with ground black pepper.  Place in large bowl.

Cook the macaroni per package directions and drain.  Add to bowl.

Cook the bacon in a large skillet.  Let bacon cool on paper towel.  Drain all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease.

In same skillet, add the pepper, onion, and garlic.  Cook for 3-5 minutes until tender.  Add to bowl.

In same skillet, melt butter over medium heat.  Whisk in flour until paste forms.  Gradually add milk while continuously whisking.  Stir in the Ranch, cream cheese, and cream cream of chicken soup until combined.  Stir in 1&1/2 cups of cheddar cheese.  Pour cheesy sauce into bowl with chicken and pasta and veggies. 

Add broccoli or other veggie to bowl and stir everything to combine.  Pour mixture into a 13x9" baking pan.  Top with crumbled cooked bacon, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, and bread crumbs.  Bake at 375º for 20-30 minutes until mixture is bubbly and cheese is melted.  Enjoy!












No comments:

Post a Comment