Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Chicken Pesto Pot Pie



I made this back in 2009. I think it might be time to try it again and take a better photo.  I was single at the time I made it, so I cut the recipe in half and put one ramekin in the oven and refrigerated the other two for leftovers.  I'm thinking you could also freeze the mixture to use in the future.  It was very yummy and extremely fast and easy to make.  The basil pesto gave it some great flavor. 


Chicken Pesto Pot Pie
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients:
1 jar (12 oz) reduced-fat turkey gravy
1/3 cup basil pesto
3 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
1 package (16 oz)  frozen peas and carrots, or carrots, onions, potatoes, celery
1 package (11 oz) refrigerated breadsticks
Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Dried basil (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375º.  In a large saucepan, combine turkey gravy and pesto.  Stir in the turkey and vegetables.  Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.  Divide turkey mixture evenly among six 8-oz casserole dishes or ramekins. 

Unroll and separate breadsticks.  Arrange one breadstick on top of each casserole, curling into a spiral to fit.  If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan and basil.  Bake for 15 minutes until the bread is golden brown on top.  (Save the remaining breadsticks for something else)

No comments:

Post a Comment