Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Thursday, October 3, 2019

Creamy Lemon Thyme Chicken


I wanted to use some of my fresh garden thyme before it's time to dry it, so I made this recipe.  It's simple and uses ingredients already on hand.  It was delicious.  The creamy sauce was like a lemon-flavored gravy, but it added a lot of flavor and I liked it.  I don't think I really tasted the thyme though.  I served the chicken with roasted Parmesan asparagus and couscous.

Creamy Lemon Thyme Chicken

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Sauce:
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon flour
1&1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:
Rub the chicken evenly with garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.  Let sit to marinate for 15-20 minutes.   Heat oil in a large skillet and add the chicken. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through (thicker breasts will require more time).  Remove chicken and place on a plate, covered with foil.

In the same skillet, heat butter and add flour. stirring to combine.  Slowly whisk in the milk and stir until there are no lumps.  Simmer until it starts to thicken a bit.  Stir in the lemon zest, thyme, and salt.  Add the chicken back to the skillet, spooning the sauce over the top.  Simmer for a couple minutes.  Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment