Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Friday, November 22, 2019

Orange Chicken


This recipe was easy, relatively quick, and delicious!  The orange flavor really came through without being overpowering.  I steamed some broccoli to accompany it.

Orange Chicken
Makes 2-3 servings

Ingredients:
1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (or breast), cut into ~1" pieces
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
Cooked rice or quinoa (follow package directions)
Toppings: sliced green onions, sesame seeds, orange zest

Orange Sauce:
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon corn starch
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
zest of 1 orange (save a little for topping)
pinch of crushed red pepper flakes

Directions:
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned and nearly cooked through.

In a small bowl, whisk together the orange sauce ingredients and pour sauce into skillet, coating the chicken.  Let it come to a boil and cook for a couple minutes to allow the sauce to thicken. 

Serve chicken and sauce over cooked rice and garnish with green onions, sesame seeds, and orange zest if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment