Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, November 8, 2015

Strip Steaks with Parsley Sauce and Crispy Potatoes


A simple and quick steak and potatoes recipe. Can't go wrong with a strip steak--tender and juicy and oh so flavorful.  I had a lot of parsley that I recently harvested, so this seemed like a good way to use some of it.  The sauce goes well with both the steak and the potatoes, although I liked them perfectly fine without it.

New York Strip Steaks with Parsley Sauce 
and Crispy Red Potatoes
From The Complete Cooking for Two Cookbook
Serves 2

Ingredients:
12 oz red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch wedges
3 tablespoons oil
salt and pepper
2 (8-oz) boneless NY strip steaks, 3/4" thick, trimmed

Parsley Sauce:
1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped onion
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon water
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Directions:
To make the parsley sauce, process all the ingredients in a food processor until well combined, about 20 seconds.  Set aside.

In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.  Cover and microwave until potatoes begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes.  Drain well.

Meanwhile, pat steaks dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper.  Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Lay steaks in skillet and cook until well browned on first side, 3 -5 minutes.  Flip steaks, reduce heat to medium, and continue to cook until meat registers 125º for medium-rare, 2-4 minutes.  Transfer to a plate and tent loosely with foil to keep warm.

Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the fat left in the skillet and heat until shimmering.  Add the drained potatoes and cook until tender and golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.  Serve steaks with the parsley sauce and potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment