Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Thursday, November 12, 2015

Crockpot Moroccan Chicken


This smelled amazing as it was cooking in the slow cooker.  I didn't have a cinnamon stick, so I added a teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the pot.  It spiced the carrots, but not really the chicken.  Still, the chicken tasted good.  I liked the recipe.  I served it with some couscous.

Crockpot Moroccan Chicken
Adapted from Martha Stewart Living-One Pot
Serves 4

Ingredients:
8 bone-in chicken thighs (I had 4 large ones instead)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds carrots, cut into 1&1/2-inch lengths
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
1 cinnamon stick (I used a teaspoon ground cinnamon)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves (I had parsley on hand so I used that)
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)

Directions:
Season the chicken with salt and pepper.  In a large slow cooker with a browning option, brown the chicken in oil.  (I browned them in a skillet on the stovetop instead)

To the slow cooker, add the carrots, garlic, cinnamon, and cumin.  Place browned chicken on top.  Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.  Add raisins 15 minutes before done.

Transfer the chicken and carrots to a serving dish, top with cilantro and almonds, and spoon pot liquid over the chicken (oops, I forgot to do this).



No comments:

Post a Comment