Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pan-Seared Tilapia


Super fast and easy recipe, and it tasted great too!   We paired it with brown rice and steamed green beans for a simple healthy dinner.   This recipe is a keeper.


Pan-Seared Tilapia
from Prevention magazine
Serves 2; 277 calories/serving

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon butter
2 tilapia fillets (thawed, ~6 oz each)
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (I used Emeril's Original Essence)
1 lemon, juiced

Directions:
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add the tilapia and sprinkle with the parsley, garlic, and cajun seasoning.  Drizzle lemon juice over the top.  Cook for about 3 minutes on each side until the fish flakes easily with a fork.   Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment