Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Thursday, September 4, 2014

Ranch Burgers




These burgers were...interesting.  Jeremy compared them to meatloaf.  I liked them okay, but didn't really taste the ranch flavor.  I still had chopped tomatoes and cucumbers left over from the gyro recipe, so I put some of those on my burger.

Ranch Burgers
Serves 6

Ingredients:
3/4 cup prepared Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
1&1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
tomato, sliced
lettuce
6 buns

Directions:
Prepare dressing according to packet instructions.   In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup of prepared Ranch dressing, beef, bread crumbs, onions, salt, and pepper.  Mix with hands until incorporated.  Shape the meat mixture into six patties about 1-inch thick.   Grill the burgers for about 5 minutes on each side until the internal temperature reaches 160ºF.

Serve the burgers on buns topped with lettuce, tomatoes, or whatever you choose.


No comments:

Post a Comment