Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, August 30, 2014

Raspberry Pie



Raspberries were on sale at the store for $1.50 (wow!), so I picked up a couple trays and then I decided to make a pie with them because I had a single pie crust in the fridge leftover from a previous recipe.  I wish I had gotten one more tray of raspberries because I didn't quite have enough to make 4 cups.  Luckily, I did have some blueberries, so I added some blueberries to the raspberries to make this pie.  It was quite delicious, especially with the whipped cream topping.  Yummmmm.


Raspberry Pie
Recipe from Pillsbury
8 servings

Ingredients:
1 crust from Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust box
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
4 cups fresh raspberries (or any combination of berries)
1 tablespoon butter
Cool Whip or ice cream

Directions:
Heat oven to 450ºF.  Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using a 9-inch glass pie pan.  Bake 9-11 minutes or until light golden brown.  Cool completely.

Meanwhile, in a 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and water.  Stir in 2 cups of the berries.  Heat to boiling and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.  Stir in butter.  Cool completely.

Stir remaining 2 cups berries into the cooled raspberry mixture.  Spoon into the cooled baked shell.  Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.   Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment