Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Thursday, August 14, 2014

Exotic Grilled Chicken


I was in the mood to grill, so I found this grilled chicken recipe.  I probably should have flipped the chicken a little sooner before it got black on one side, but it still tasted great.   The skin was crisp and the meat was nice and juicy and the marinade tasted great.

Exotic Grilled Chicken
from Taste of Home Grill It!
4-6 servings

Ingredients:
1 whole chicken, cut up (3-4 pounds)
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1&1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions:
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine all the marinade ingredients.  Reserve 1/4 cup for basting in a small bowl.  Add chicken to the bag and turn to coat.  Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.

Drain and discard marinade from bag.  Grill chicken, skin side down, uncovered, over medium heat for 15 minutes on each side (wings will take less; breasts will take longer).  Brush with reserved marinade and cook 5 minutes.  Turn and baste again; grill 5 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment