Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Friday, July 18, 2014

Kale-Stuffed Chicken Roll-ups


I had half a jar of pasta sauce to use up and some kale in the fridge (instead of spinach), so I made my own little version of Kale-Chicken Parmesan, roll-up style.  It was delicious.

Anne's Kale-Stuffed Chicken Roll-ups
Serves 6

Ingredients:
6 thin-sliced chicken breasts (pounded to 1/4" thickness if needed)
~2 cups chopped kale leaves (spinach will work too)
~1/4-1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 egg
salt and pepper
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 jar Ragu Veggie-Smart pasta sauce
~1/4-1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese

Directions:
In one shallow container, beat an egg with a fork with some salt and pepper.   In another shallow container, combine the Panko and Parmesan.   In a square 8x8" baking pan, pour half the pasta sauce.

Divide kale and Mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken breasts.  Roll each chicken breast up tightly (no need for toothpick).   Dip chicken in the beaten egg, then the Panko mixture.  Place seam side down over the sauce in the baking pan.   Bake, covered, at 425º for 25 minutes.

Uncover pan and pour remaining pasta sauce over chicken.  Top with remaining Mozzarella cheese.  Continue to bake, uncovered, another 5 minutes until cheese is melted.



No comments:

Post a Comment