Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Dijon-Crusted Tilapia


I had some tilapia in the freezer to use, so I went back and found this recipe I made back in 2010.  It's a good one so I'm re-posting it on this blog.  This time around, I used Panko bread crumbs for a crunchier coating.  I also made some herbed red potatoes (which I loved) and steamed broccoli to round out the meal.

Dijon-Crusted Tilapia
Makes 4 servings
(214 calories/serving)

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayo
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon horseradish
4 Tilapia fillets (4-5oz)
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs (I used Panko this time)
2 teaspoons butter, melted

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine the mayo, 1 tablespoon Parmesan, lemon juice, mustard, and horseradish.  Place fillets on a baking sheet coated with baking spray.  Spread the mustard mixture evenly over fish.

In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, and butter.  Sprinkle over fish.   Bake at 425º for 13 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

My photo from 2010:


Herbed Red Potatoes
Makes 4-6 servings

Ingredients:
1 pound small red potatoes, halved or quartered (depends on size)
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon rosemary
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

Directions:
Whisk together the oil, garlic, and herbs in a large bowl.  Add the potatoes and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.  Toss to coat.  Transfer the potatoes to a baking dish.  Roast at 425º, covered, for 45 minutes, then uncover to cook another 15 minutes until potatoes are tender and golden.   Sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment