Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Mustard-Maple Roasted Salmon


The Wheel of Meals landed on Chef's Choice again.

Lucky me.  I decided to make something healthy and picked up some salmon from the grocery store.   I also prepared quinoa and a leafy green salad to accompany it.   I found this recipe online and it was just okay.  It could be that I substituted Dijon mustard and Mrs Butterworth syrup since that's what I had in my kitchen.  I much preferred the Balsamic Glazed Salmon I made last month.  In fact, I liked the cilantro quinoa better than the mustard-maple salmon.

Mustard-Maple Roasted Salmon
Recipe from Food Network
Serves 2
  
Ingredients:
2 center-cut 6oz salmon filets
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Directions:
Place salmon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Season with salt and pepper.  Roast at 400º for 8-10 minutes. 

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the mustard, maple syrup, garlic, and lemon juice.   Brush salmon with the mixture and return to the oven to cook another 5 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment