Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Monday, January 27, 2014

Crunchy Baked Pork Chops


The Wheel of Meals landed on Chef's Choice

I know, I know.  I get Chef's Choice and all I do is make a simple breaded pork chop.  Well, we had these chops in the fridge and HAD to use them, so I was cooking pork no matter what we spun.  I found this recipe and rolled with it.  No complaints.

Crunchy Baked Pork Chops
Recipe adapted from America's Test Kitchen: Cooking for Two 2009
Serves 2

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Panko or any bread crumbs
1 small shallot, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
pinch dried thyme
~1/2 cup flour
2 large egg whites
1&1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 boneless center-cut pork chops, 3/4-1" thick

Directions:
In one shallow dish, place 1/4 cup flour.   In a second shallow dish, whisk egg whites and mustard together and whisk in 3 tablespoons flour.   In a third shallow dish, toss bread crumbs, shallot, garlic, oil, salt, pepper, Parmesan, parsley, and thyme.

Make 2 slits in the top edge of each pork chop, about 2 inches apart (to prevent curling) and season with salt and pepper.  Dredge the chops in the flour and shake off excess.  Next, coat the chops with the egg mixture.  Finally, coat the chops with a thick layer of bread crumbs.  

Spray a wire rack with cooking spray and place on a rimmed baking sheet.   Place the chops on the wire rack and bake at 425º for 15-20 minutes until the pork is done and registers 150º.

No comments:

Post a Comment