Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Friday, January 10, 2014

Balsamic Glazed Salmon and Baby Bok Choy


I loved the glaze on the salmon and bok choy.   We made some quinoa&brown rice mixture to go with it for a healthy and delicious dinner.

Balsamic Glazed Salmon 
from Light & Healthy 2010
Serves 2

Ingredients:
2-3 heads baby bok choy, cut lengthwise
2 (6 oz) skinless center-cut salmon fillets, about 1&1/2" thick
pinch salt
pinch pepper
1/2 tablespoon oil

Glaze:
1/4 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 small sprig rosemary
salt and pepper

Directions:
Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.  Add boy choy, cut side down and cook 2-3 minutes until browned.  Turn over and cook 2-3 minutes on other side.  Transfer to a plate.

Pat the salmon fillets dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.  Lay the salmon in the skillet skinned-side up and cook over medium-high heat about 5 minutes until browned.  Flip the salmon and continue to cook until the sides are opaque and the thickest part registers 125º, about 3-5 minutes longer.  Transfer salmon to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.

For the glaze:  Whisk the orange juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, white vinegar, and pepper flakes in a small bowl.  Pour glaze and rosemary into the skillet and simmer over medium heat.  Cook until the glaze is syrupy, about 5 minutes.  Remove and discard the rosemary sprig and season with salt and pepper to taste.  Spoon some glaze over the salmon to serve.   Return the baby bok choy to the skillet and coat with remaining glaze. 


No comments:

Post a Comment