Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Clafouti


Aka Cherry Flan.  It's basically pancake batter poured over cherries in a baking dish.  I halved the recipe and put it in a smaller baking dish for Jeremy and myself.  It was good.

Clafouti   (2013 Cookbook Challenge)
from Mastering the Art of French Cooking
Serves 6-8 people

Ingredients:
2 cups pitted black sweet cherries
1&1/4 cups milk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
another 1/3 cup granulated sugar
powdered sugar, if desired

Directions:
Place milk, 1/3 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, and flour in a blender in the order listed.  Cover and blend at high speed for a minute.  Pour a 1/4" layer of batter into a greased pyrex pie plate or fireproof baking dish.  Bake at 350º for a few minutes until the film is set.  Spread the cherries over the batter and sprinkle on the remaining 1/3 cup sugar.  Pour the rest of the batter over the top.  Bake for about an hour.   It's done when it has puffed and browned and a knife comes out clean.  Serve warm.  Sprinkle powdered sugar on top if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment