Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Friday, April 6, 2012

Roasted Edamame Salad (2012 - Week 14)


2012 Week 14 Featured Ingredient: Edamame


I've been wanting to use this ingredient for awhile since it's supposed to be a super healthy food with lots of protein and various vitamins/minerals.  I figured Good Friday would be a good day for a meatless recipe.  I plan to take it to work tonight, so I'll update this page with a taste verdict in the morning.

Roasted Edamame Salad
Serves 4

Adapted from Alton Brown's Food Network Recipe 
 
Ingredients:
12 ounces fresh or frozen shelled edamame, about 2 cups
1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
1/4 cup finely diced scallion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup chopped fresh tomato
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar

Directions:
Place the edamame, corn, scallion, garlic, olive oil, chili powder, salt, and pepper into a 13x9 metal pan and stir to combine. Place on the middle rack of the oven and roast at 400ºF for 10 to 15 minutes, just until the edamame begins to brown. Remove from the oven and place in the refrigerator until completely cool, approximately 30 minutes. Add the tomato, basil, and vinegar to the edamame mixture and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired. Serve chilled or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment