Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tangerine Beef with Snap Peas (2012 - Week 13)


2012 Week 13 Featured Ingredient: Tangerines

I didn't know what to pick as my mystery ingredient this week, so when I saw tangerines in the store, I just went with that.   I found a Guy Fieri Food Network Recipe for Spicy Tangerine Beef and decided to make it.  It didn't turn out spicy at all so I removed that adjective from the title.  I added snap peas to the recipe because I thought it needed a vegetable.  This was one of the fastest and easiest recipes I've made.  Overall, this was an excellent meal with great flavor.  I really enjoyed it. 

Tangerine Beef with Snap Peas over Rice
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 pound flank steak, cut in small pieces
2 tablespoons dry sherry
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon chili sauce
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup freshly squeezed tangerine juice
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
3 scallions, chopped
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
zest from tangerine peel
snap peas
rice

Directions:
Combine the soy sauce and cornstarch in a resealable plastic bag, and shake to mix well.  Add beef, seal bag, and let marinate for 20 minutes in refrigerator.

Whisk together the sherry, hoisin, honey, chili sauce, soy sauce, and tangerine juice.

In a large pan or wok, heat oil on high.  Add the ginger and beef and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.  Add the snap peas and sauce mixture and cook for another 2 minutes on medium heat until sauce thickens.   Serve over rice and garnish with scallions, tangerine zest, and sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment