Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Crispy Kale Chips (2012 - Week 17)


2012 Week 17 Featured Ingredient: Kale

I've been wanting to try these "Kale Chips" for awhile now to see what all the fuss is about.  They're supposed to be crunchy, salty, and addictive like potato chips, but with actual nutritional content.  Well, they were okay, and I think they would have been a lot better if I had not added so much salt.  I decided to "spice up" the recipe by adding some Penzey's Old World seasoning but I didn't reduce the salt which was a mistake.  Yikes, too salty!  Still, not bad.

Crispy "Old World" Kale Chips
Serves: 6 - 8

Ingredients:

1 head kale
1-2 tablespoons olive oil (or cooking spray to lighten it up)
Penzey's "Old World" seasoning
sea salt (to taste, if needed)


Directions:
Remove the ribs from the kale and cut into 2-inch pieces. Toss with the olive oil and seasoning.  Lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 300ºF until crisp, turning the leaves over once, about 10-15 minutes total.  Don't let them brown. Sprinkle with salt if necessary and serve as finger food.

No comments:

Post a Comment