Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, January 29, 2012

Garlic Chicken Kiev


I've made this Chicken Kiev recipe before but I don't think I ever posted it, so I'm doing so now.  It was easy and good, but nothing really super special. We liked the crunch of the Panko.

Garlic Chicken Kiev
(from Betty Crocker's Eat and Lose Weight Cookbook)
Makes 6 servings
Calories: 190

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons reduced-calorie spread, softened
1 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or parsley
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup Panko bread crumbs (or crushed cornflakes)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk or skim milk

Directions:
Mix spread, chives, and garlic powder.  Shape into a rectangle, 3x2 inches.  Cover and freeze about 30 minutes until firm.

Trim fat from chicken.  Flatten each chicken breast to 1/4" thickness between waxed paper.

Cut chive mixture crosswise into 6 pieces.  Place 1 piece on center of each chicken breast.  Fold long ends of chicken over chives mixture;  fold up ends and secure with a toothpick.

Mix bread crumbs, parsley, and paprika.  Dip chicken into milk and lightly and evenly coat with crumbs.  Place chicken, seam-side-down, on greased baking pan.  Bake uncovered at 425º for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment