Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Monday, January 16, 2012

Garbanzo Bean and Zucchini Salad (2012 - Week 2)

2012 Week 2 Mystery Ingredient: Chickpeas (aka Garbanzo Beans)

I didn't like the Hummus, so I decided to try a second recipe using the mystery ingredient.  This recipe was MUCH more to my liking.   It's just a really tasty and refreshing salad, quick and easy to make.  I enjoyed it.

Garbanzo Bean and Zucchini Salad

Recipe from Everyday Italian with Giada De Laurentiis
4 servings

Salad Ingredients:
1 cup garbanzo beans, rinsed
2 medium zucchini, diced 
1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
5 romaine lettuce leaves, cut crosswise into 1/2" strips
1-ounce Parmesan, crumbled into 1/4" pieces

Vinaigrette:
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (squeezed from 1/2 lemon)
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


Directions:
Place the beans, zucchini, corn, onion, and lettuce in a large salad bowl.  Whisk together the vinaigrette and toss with the salad.  Garnish with the crumbled Parmesan cheese and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment