Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Thursday, September 1, 2011

Breakfast Veggie Casserole


Breakfast Veggie Casserole
Another healthy breakfast recipe.  It was good.

Breakfast Veggie Casserole adapted from a Weight Watchers recipe
Makes 2 servings
~170 calories/serving, 3 WW points

Ingredients:
2 sprays cooking spray
3 tablespoons red onion, diced
3 tablespoons zucchini, diced
3 tablespoons sweet red pepper, diced
1 tablespoon green pepper, diced
2 eggs
2 egg whites
1/8 teaspoon salt
                                                                       
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons low-fat shredded cheddar cheese


Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat two oven-safe, 8-ounce ramekins (3 1/2-inches in diameter) with cooking spray.
  • Lightly coat a medium sauté pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add onion, red pepper and zucchini to pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften and onion is translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes. Promptly remove from heat; set aside.
  • In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper until well combined; stir in cooked vegetables and cheese. Pour equal amounts of egg-vegetable mixture into each ramekin. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted into center of a ramekin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Remove promptly from oven; let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Yields 1 ramekin per serving.









No comments:

Post a Comment