Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Friday, September 2, 2011

Linguine Verde

I love pasta, but I didn't want to break the calorie bank.  This recipe was both healthy and delicious, and it  incorporated vegetables which I usually have to force myself to eat.  The basil flavor was pretty strong, but it was good.   I liked that I had all the prep work done in the time it took to cook the pasta.  Very quick lunch.

Linguine Verde

Anne's Linguine Verde adapted from "Cook it Quick" Weight Watchers Cookbook
Makes: 2 servings
319 calories/serving (7 WW points)

Ingredients:
1/4 pound (4 oz) whole wheat linguine
1 cup arugula, cleaned and torn
1/2 cup mustard greens, cleaned and torn
1 cup baby spinach, cleaned and torn
1/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil, torn
2 mint leaves, chopped
1 tomato, seeded and cut into strips
1/4 cup zucchini, cut into thin strips
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
pinch salt
pinch pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Romano cheese

Directions:
Cook the linguine according to package directions.  Meanwhile, combine the arugula, mustard greens, spinach, basil, mint, tomatoes, and zucchini in a large serving bowl.  Sprinkle with the oil, salt, and pepper; toss to combine.  Drain the linguine and add to the greens, then sprinkle with half the grated cheese.  Toss to coat, sprinkle remaining cheese, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment