Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sweet BBQ Pork Chops

This was really, really delicious!  I would definitely make this BBQ sauce again.  Yum.  I added a Penzey's Brady Street Cheese sprinkle to the pork chops before cooking which I think enhanced the overall flavor.  And the whole meal was done within 15-20 minutes which is always a bonus.  I paired the chops with bok choy and rice.

Sweet Barbecued Pork Chops


Sweet Barbecued Pork Chops
4 servings
282 calories

Ingredients: 
4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each) 
Penzey's Brady Street Cheese Sprinkle
pinch salt
pinch pepper
1/4 cup packed brown sugar 
1/4 cup chopped sweet onion 
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup barbecue sauce 
1/4 cup reduced-fat French salad dressing
1/4 cup honey


Directions:
Sprinkle salt and pepper and cheese over pork chops.  In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil or cooking spray on both sides, about 2 minutes on each side.  Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for ~12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.

No comments:

Post a Comment