Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, August 24, 2019

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins



I brought a batch of these muffins to work, and my coworkers loved them.  I brought a batch to my nephews, and they each ate 3 muffins, even the picky eater!  I'll take that as high praise.  They're not the healthiest muffins, but they sure are delicious.


Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
Makes 2 dozen muffins

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugars.   Sift the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and beat well (it will be thick).  Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips until evenly mixed.

Spoon batter into a muffin pan lined with cupcake liners.  Spoon 3/4 full or nearly to the top.   Bake at 350º for about 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer muffins to a wire rack to continue cooling.



No comments:

Post a Comment