Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, August 24, 2019

Cedar Plank Salmon and Cucumber Salad


I was in the mood for salmon, so we decided to get out the cedar planks and grill.  It was delicious.  I also currently have an overabundance of cucumbers in my garden, so I tried out a new salad recipe to keep things interesting.  I liked it more than Jeremy did.  It reminded me of sweet and sour pickles.


Cedar Plank Salmon
Serves 2

Ingredients:
2 salmon fillets (~6 oz each), skin removed
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1-2 tablespoons brown sugar

Directions:
Soak a cedar plank for at least 2 hours.   Season the salmon with salt and pepper and lay the salmon on what was the skin-side down.  Spread the mustard over the top and sides and sprinkle brown sugar over the top.  Grill over medium heat for 10-15 minutes until salmon reaches 135º.



Dill Cucumber Salad

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar (I reduced this from 1 cup in the original recipe. It was plenty sweet)
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
3-4 cucumbers
1 green onion, sliced
1 tablespoon dill weed

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine sugar, vinegar, water, and salt; stir until sugar dissolves.  Add in the cucumbers, onions, and dill, and stir to combine.  Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment