Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, April 8, 2018

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies


I made these cookies for St Patrick's Day and my coworkers seemed to enjoy them.  I liked them.  Because of the moistness of the zucchini, they are a softer cake-like cookie.

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
Makes 3-4 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 small zucchini, grated
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add the egg and mix well.  Add in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and mix well.  Stir in the zucchini.  Fold in the walnuts.

Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray or use parchment/silpat mat.   Drop dough by tablespoonful onto cookie sheet.  Bake at 350º  for ~15 minutes or until golden. 


No comments:

Post a Comment