Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, March 17, 2018

Reuben Braid


This is a recipe I've made in the past.  Just an easy and quick way to use up corned beef for a fun St Patrick's Day meal.  This time around, I had leftover filling that didn't fit in the dough, so I saved it and made a Reuben Panini the next day.  Still good.

Reuben Braid
Make ~4 servings

Ingredients:
3-4 oz cooked corned beef brisket, chopped
3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained
1/2 small onion, chopped
2 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
1 package (8 oz) refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.  Set aside.

Unroll the crescent roll dough onto a baking sheet.  Seal seams and perforations if needed.  Spread the corned beef filling down the center of the rectangle.  On each side, cut 1-inch-wide strips to within an inch of the filling.  Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across the filling, creating the braided effect.  Seal ends. 

Brush egg white over dough and sprinkle with sesame seeds.  Bake at 375º for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.  Slice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment