Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Crock Pot Venison Loin


Jeremy's dad gave us a venison loin, and this is the recipe I made with it.   It was tasty and slow cooking it removed the "gaminess" of the venison.  The meat was tender and just fell apart, and the gravy paired well with both the venison and our side of mashed potatoes.  You could serve the recipe with egg noodles or rice instead of potatoes.  I just used what I happened to have on hand. 

Crock Pot Venison Loin

Ingredients:
venison loin roast(s), 1-3 lbs (ours was 1 lb)
salt and pepper
flour
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 cup chicken broth (or beef broth)
1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons red wine
1 can cream of celery soup (or cream of anything like mushroom)
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Directions:
Salt and pepper the venison and dredge in flour.   In a heavy skillet, melt the butter and brown the meat on all sides.  Transfer to a slow cooker.   In the same skillet, saute the onions and garlic for just a couple minutes. Pour the broth in the skillet to deglaze pan and pour contents into the slow cooker.

Add all remaining ingredients into the crock pot.  (A larger loin might require up to an extra cup of water/broth).   Cook on low for 8-10 hours until meat is tender.   Serve over potatoes, noodles, rice, or whatever you like.

1 comment: