Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, November 19, 2017

Shredded Pork and White Bean Chili


I used some of my leftover shredded pork to make this recipe.  The soup/stew/chili (whatever you want to call it) was very satisfying and heated up well the next day too.  I will try to post the recipe to the best of my recollection, but to be honest, I just threw random stuff in the pot that I happened to have on hand.

Anne's Shredded Pork and White Bean Chili

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 large onion, diced
1 celery rib, sliced thin
2 carrots, peeled and sliced thin
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
pinch red pepper flakes
2 cups chicken broth
1 small can diced green chilies
1 can white chili beans
2 cups cooked shredded pork (or chicken)
salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley
Optional: sour cream, cheddar, jalapeno, cilantro, etc

Directions:
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.  Add onion, celery, and carrots, and cook until veggies are softened, about 3-5 minutes.  Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the cumin, oregano, and pepper flakes.  Add the broth, chiles, and beans, and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.  Stir in the cooked shredded pork and chopped cilantro and simmer for 5 minutes until heated through.   Adjust seasoning as needed and serve with garnishes of your choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment