Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, November 19, 2017

Slow Cooker Shredded Balsamic Pork


It's so nice when the Crockpot does all the work.  Plus, shredded pork has so many possibilities. On the first night, we just served it over rice.  The next night, I used a bunch in a White Bean Chili (see recipe).  I also used some leftover pork and made little lettuce wraps for a healthy lunch.  All delicious.

Slow Cooker Shredded Balsamic Pork 
Recipe found online somewhere

Ingredients:
2 pound boneless pork sirloin roast
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/3 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon honey

Directions:
Season the pork with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes, and place it in the slow cooker.  

Whisk together all the other ingredients and pour over the pork.  Let cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.

Once the pork is tender, remove from the slow cooker and shred using two forks.  Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker and ladle sauce over the pork.  Serve on rice, buns, lettuce, whatever.

To make wraps, I used Boston lettuce leaves, added the shredded pork, and topped with cucumbers, yellow bell peppers, shredded carrots, and avocado.  

No comments:

Post a Comment