Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Thursday, July 28, 2016

Grilled Monterey Chicken


This was an easy and delicious weeknight meal.  I love grilling chicken because the meat stays tender and juicy.  I liked the mustardy grilled flavor of the chicken, and the addition of cheese, bacon, and salsa added extra punch.   I served it with grilled corn on the cob and a side salad of lettuce from my garden.  Light and yummy!

Monterey Chicken
Recipe adapted from America's Test Kitchen: Master of the Grill
Serves 4

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 (6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
4 slices Pepper-Jack cheese

Pico de Gallo:
2 tomatoes, cored and chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded, and minced
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper

Directions:
In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, salt, and pepper.  Reserve 1/4 cup for basting chicken on grill.  Pour the remainder into a gallon sized resealable plastic bag.  Add the chicken to the bag and toss to coat.  Seal and refrigerate for at least an hour.

When ready, grill chicken breasts over medium heat for 5 minutes.  Flip, brush with reserved honey-mustard sauce, and grill for another 5 minutes.  Place a slice of cheese on top of each chicken breast, cover, and cook for about 2 more minutes, until cheese is melted and chicken is done.   Serve chicken topped with homemade Pico de Gallo and crumbled bacon.


No comments:

Post a Comment