Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Thursday, June 9, 2016

Mediterranean Zucchini Boats


I made these as a light and fresh potluck item for after our league tennis match and the ladies seemed to really like them. I was asked for the recipe several times.  I think these boats would taste best warm from the oven, but I served them cold from the fridge for convenience and they tasted just fine that way too.   I cut the boats into segments to serve as little zucchini bites.

Mediterranean Zucchini Boats
recipe from the internet

Ingredients:
4 medium zucchini
1 cup red bell pepper, minced
1/2 cup tomatoes, minced
1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and minced
1/4 cup garlic, minced
3-4 tablespoons oregano, dried
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup parsley, fineley chopped

Directions:
Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the middle with a spoon.  (You can either scoop the whole length to make one big boat, or make small circles to serves as individual bites.) Discard flesh or save for another use.  Set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine the bell pepper, tomatoes, olives, garlic, oregano, and black pepper.  Distribute mixture evenly in each zucchini boat.  Place on rimmed baking sheet and bake at 350º for 15 minutes.  Top with feta cheese and broil on high for 3 more minutes.  Remove from the oven, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.

May serve hot or cold.  Refrigerate covered for up to 2-3 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment