Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Monday, September 9, 2013

Lemony Chicken Saltimbocca


I wanted to use the prosciutto I still had leftover in the fridge from a previous recipe, so I found this recipe for Chicken Saltimbocca in my cookbook collection.  Apparently, saltimbocca means "jump in the mouth."  I don't think it jumped, but it was pretty good. :)

Lemony Chicken Saltimbocca  (2013 Cookbook Challenge)
from Cooking Light: The New Way to Cook Light
Serves 4;  202 calories/serving

Ingredients:
4 (4-oz) chicken cutlets (or 8 smaller tenders)
1/8 teaspoon salt
8 fresh sage leaves
2 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 8 strips
1 tablespoon olive oil plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
1/3 cup fat-free chicken broth
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch

Directions:
Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt.  Place sage leaves on each cutlet.  Wrap prosciutto slices around each cutlet, securing sage leaves in place.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat.  Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan and swirl to coat.  Add chicken.  Cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.  Remove chicken from pan.  Whisk together broth, juice, and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth.  Add cornstarch mixture and remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.  Cook a minute until slightly thickened.  Spoon sauce over chicken to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment