Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Monday, June 18, 2012

Chai Tea Cookies (2012 - Week 23)


Week 23 Featured Ingredient: Chai Tea

Yes, tea as a food ingredient.  Why not?!  It was a work week for me so I needed to pick something fast and easy.  We're having a bake sale at work to raise money for our Relay for Life team, so I figured I might as well bake something.  I had no idea what chai tea tasted like, or whether cookies made with tea would be any good, but I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the tea pouch and smelled the contents.  I really liked the aroma of the spices.  After cooking, the cookies looked like a peanut butter cookie, but tasted somewhat like a gingersnap cookie.  I liked them.

Chai Tea Cookies
Taken from allrecipes.com
Makes ~4 dozen small cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup Chai Tea Latte Mix (~6 packets)
1&1/3 cups white sugar
2 eggs
3 cups flour
1 TBSP baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup white sugar for decoration

Directions:
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and chai tea mix until light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs, one at a time.  Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; blend into the creamed mixture until all of the dry has been absorbed.  Cover the dough and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 400ºF.  Roll the cookie dough into walnut-sized balls and roll in sugar.  Place the cookies onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart and flatten slightly using a fork.  Bake for ~8-10 minutes until the edges begin to brown.  Cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment