Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Monday, June 18, 2012

Blueberry-Almond Muffin Cookies

I had some extra blueberries in my refrigerator, and I thought about making muffins, but I really felt like cookies.  So that's what I made.  This was an interesting recipe.  The cookies were pretty good, kind of like eating just the top of a blueberry muffin.  I liked the almond flavor. But if you really want a muffin, I'd suggest this Blueberry Muffin recipe instead.  It's really good: Best Blueberry Muffins

Blueberry-Almond Muffin Cookies
Recipe taken from Giada De Laurentiis, Food Network
Makes ~30 small cookies

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4 to 1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 teaspoons lemon zest, about 1 lemon
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1 cup blueberries

Directions:
In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using a hand mixer. Add egg and beat to incorporate. Add milk, almond extract, and lemon zest.

In another medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.  Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in the almonds, then the blueberries. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

Spoon mix onto cookie sheets. Bake at 375ºF until golden brown around the edges, about 15 minutes.  Cool on wire rack.




No comments:

Post a Comment