Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, June 24, 2012

Braunschweiger Melt (2012 - Week 24)

Week 24 Featured Ingredient: Braunschweiger

This was disgusting.  I'm not a fan of Braunschweiger, but I give myself points for being brave enough to try it.  Jeremy didn't want to try this recipe, so I just made one sandwich. I had two bites and that was enough.  I don't recommend it, but here is the recipe.   It was kind of a "cheat" recipe for this week anyway because there wasn't much cooking involved.  I just wanted to try an unusual ingredient and this fit.   :P


Open-Faced Braunschweiger Melt

Ingredients:
1 half of an english muffin
1/2" slice braunschweiger liver sausage, from the tube
1 slice tomato
1 slice Velveeta cheese
1 tablespoon mayonnaise

Directions:
Toast the english muffin.  Spread mayo on the muffin.  Top with braunschweiger, tomato, and cheese.  Put on a baking sheet and broil in oven until cheese gets bubbly (3-5 minutes).  Don't enjoy.

1 comment: