Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Soup #4: Easy Breezy Cheesy Clam Chowder

For my Bridal Shower, I was showered with soup recipes.  This is the fourth soup recipe I'm posting, gifted by my friend Nancy.   I've always thought I didn't like Clam Chowder, but I haven't had it in a long time, since my childhood.   So I decided to test my grown-up taste buds and see if anything changed.  Surprisingly, it wasn't bad.  I liked it.  Jeremy did too.

Easy Breezy Cheesy Clam Chowder

Serves: 2-4,  Time: 20 min

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup finely chopped green onion
1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
1/3 cup diced red pepper
2 oz cream cheese
1 can (10.75 oz) cream of potato condensed soup
2 cans (6.5 oz) clams
milk or cream to desired consistency
salt and pepper, to taste
Optional:  Add any veggies that you enjoy (broccoli, mushrooms, etc)


Directions:
Melt butter in saucepan.  Add onion, carrots, and pepper.  Cook on low heat for about 5-10 minutes.  Add cream cheese and stir until melted.  Add soup and mix well.  Add clams and stir.  Gradually add milk or cream, mixing continually to desired consistency.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment