Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Thursday, December 8, 2011

Soup #3: Chicken Tortilla Soup - The Easiest

For my Bridal Shower, I was showered with soup recipes.  This is the third soup recipe I'm posting, gifted by my Aunt Kitty.  It was a very easy recipe, and very tasty.  Jeremy and I both enjoyed it.  We added a pinch of cheese to our bowls which made a gooey mess, so we don't recommend that.  Jeremy wanted his soup "hotter" so he added Tabasco sauce to his bowl.  I liked it just the way it was.

Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup

Serves: ~4
Time: ~30 minutes

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
10 oz package frozen corn kernels, thawed
1 teaspoon chili seasoning mix
1&1/2 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Baked corn tortilla chips, broken up

Directions:
Heat oil in large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat.  Add the onion, pepper, and garlic, stirring frequently until soft and lightly brown, about 5 minutes.  Next, add the broth, tomatoes, corn, and chili seasoning mix, and bring to a boil.  Add the chicken and cilantro, reducing heat to simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.  Serve soup with tortilla chips and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment