Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Slow Cooker Fajitas

I hosted a little party at my house, and this fajita recipe is easy and delicious.  It's great because I don't have to slave over a stove and worry about the exact time dinner will be served.  It cooks itself and guests can just take the portion they want and build their own fajitas with the extra ingredients (sour cream, salsa, shredded cheddar, cilantro, etc).  There is definitely a little "kick" to the meat.  This isn't a new recipe, but it's been a couple years since I've made it, so I'm re-posting it for your enjoyment.

Slow Cooker Fajitas
Makes ~8 servings
335 calories/serving


Ingredients:
1 green pepper, cut unto 1/2" strips
1 sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2" strips
1 yellow pepper, cut into 1/2" strips
1 sweet onion, cut into 1/2" strips
2 pounds boneless beef sirloin, cut into strips
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
8 flour tortillas (8"), warmed
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro

Directions:
Place peppers and onion in a 5-qt slow cooker.  Top with beef.  Combine water, vinegar, lime juice, and seasonings; pour over meat.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender.   Using a slotted spoon or tongs, place about 3/4 cup meat mixture on each tortilla.  Top with a tablespoon of additional ingredients as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment