Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Monday, January 17, 2011

Muffins!

Now that my internet is fixed, I'm back to post some recipes!  Here are two muffin recipes that I made for an extended family brunch last weekend.  The Blueberry Muffins were exceptional according my mom, and I agreed.  They were REALLY good.  I've made the White Chocolate-Raspberry Muffins in the past, but I'll post the recipe again anyway.  Those are really good too if you like white chocolate and raspberries (and who doesn't??).   If family members are reading this and you're wondering about the mini glazed lemon-poppyseed muffins that seemed to vanish the quickest.... Ummm, those were from a box mix, so thank Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines.  But here are the homemade muffins...   

**********

The Best Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients:
1&1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1&1/2 cups fresh blueberries
   Crumb Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Directions:
Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add in vegetable oil, egg, milk, and sour cream and stir until moistened.  Fold in blueberries.  Fill muffin cups and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.   To make crumb topping, mix all ingredients with a fork until crumbly.  Bake muffins for ~15 minutes at 400º or until done.

 *****************

White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins
Ingredients:
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 cup sugar, divided
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2&1/4 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup half-and-half cream
1 cup chopped white chips
2 tablespoons brown sugar

Directions:
In a small bowl, toss raspberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.  In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg and extracts.  Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cream, until just moistened.  Stir in chips and raspberries.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.  Combine brown sugar and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter.  Bake at 375º for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment