Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla

Some people asked what I was making for the big Packers-Bears playoff game today.   I figured I should do something cheeeeesy to support the Pack.   But I also needed my lunch to be somewhat healthy and not break the calorie bank.    I received a Quesadilla maker for Christmas and I've been wanting to try out, and this was the perfect opportunity...

Anne's Game Day Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla
 

Ingredients:
2 whole wheat 10" tortillas
1 grilled chicken breast, cooked and cut in pieces
~1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 slices cooked bacon, chopped
~1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
~1/2 cup red onion, chopped
~1/2 cup tomato, chopped
~1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
~1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
lime juice
ground cumin
ground black pepper
chili powder

Directions:
Mix all the veggies and bacon in a bowl.  Toss with herbs and lime juice.
Spread half the shredded cheese on a tortilla.  Top with chicken and veggie mixture.  Sprinkle remaining cheese over the veggies and top with the other tortilla.  Press down to flatten and place on preheated quesadilla maker.  Cook for ~4 minutes until cheese is melted and tortilla is browned.  Cut into 6 wedges to serve.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment