Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome to my new blog!   I created this new and improved blog specifically for posting future recipes because it is a far more user-friendly site and it will be much easier for me to share the recipes and interact with friends who also enjoy cooking.   I'm looking forward to the comments!  

Here is a question I am asked a lot:  "What is your favorite recipe you've made so far?" 

It's so tough to answer because I've made some really tasty food, and they're all different, and it really depends on my mood for the day.  Even my ratings are completely on a whim. Sometimes when I'm really hungry my ratings tend to be higher than they actually deserve.  In any case, I'm going to try to list some of my top picks from the 2009 and 2010 recipe challenges, in no particular order.  I tried to give a good cross-section of different dishes so that it wouldn't be all desserts because I tend to have a sweet tooth.

Anne's TOP 10 Challenge Recipes of 2010

#10: Spinach-Stuffed Lamb Chops with Rosemary Glaze  
(Recipe #47, 2010)
The glaze was delicious, although I wish I had ground up the rosemary first.



#9: Chocolate Mint Souffle (Recipe #41, 2010)
This turned out better than I thought it would.


#8:  Slow-Cooked Sweet & Sour Pork (Recipe #16, 2010)
This was really so much better than the picture looks.  I usually despise leftovers, but I looked forward to this.
 
#7: Eggs Florentine with Lite Hollandaise (Recipe #4, 2010)
I was just pleased with myself for poaching an egg for the first time, not that it's overly complicated.  It tasted good, and I thought the presentation was nice too.

#6:  Spicy Ginger-Marinated Chicken (Recipe #69, 2010)
The marinade on this chicken was absolutely delicious, and the Twice-Baked Sweet Potato I made with it was wonderful too.


#5: Grilled Manchego with Spinach & Spicy Plum Chutney 
(Recipe #25, 2010)
 Okay, I know it's JUST a grilled cheese sandwich.  But it was a really good GOURMET grilled cheese sandwich!

 

#4: Pulled Pork with Root Beer Sauce (Recipe #32, 2010)
Another great sandwich, perfect for watching the Superbowl.

#3: Marinated Orange Roughy (Recipe #39, 2010)
I love citrus-flavored things.
#2: Pumpkin Waffles (Recipe #98, 2010)
Have I mentioned how much I love breakfast food?



#1: Slow Cooker Fajitas (Recipe #21, 2010)
I took the whole slow cooker to work to share with my coworkers, and we loved these.  It made the whole place smell incredible!




Anne's TOP 5 Challenge Recipes of 2009

#5: Stromboli (Recipe #1, 2009)
 This was my first recipe of 2009, so I guess I'm nostalgic about it.  The seasoning on the bread was simply awesome. 

#4:  Banana Cream Cheesecake (Recipe #41, 2009)
 I just love cheesecake, and this recipe went over really well at my family's Christmas gathering.

#3:  Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese Casserole (Recipe #33, 2009)
 I created this recipe myself, and it seemed to be a big hit at a family gathering.  Great twist on a comfort food.


#2: Baked Apple Cinnamon French Toast (Recipe #40, 2009)
 I'm still drooling thinking about it.  I really love breakfast/brunch.


#1: Raspberry Cream Muffins (Recipe #23, 2009)
 These muffins were yummy yummy yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment