Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, October 30, 2010

Dilly Club Sandwich for One



Dilly Club Sandwich for One

Anne's Version: 232 calories total (for BOTH halves! and that includes BACON!)

I love to order club sandwiches at restaurants because they're good and my brain tricks me into thinking they're "healthier" than the fried food on the menu.  But they're not as low-calorie as you might think.  The average restaurant club sandwich has over 550 calories.  Perkin's Club Sandwich has 890 calories, not counting French fries (gasp)!!  I was craving a good sandwich that was more than the ordinary, so I made myself this fast recipe for lunch.  It was just as good as any restaurant club sandwich, but much healthier--and ready to eat a lot faster!  Simple, yet a little special...  :)

My ingredients:
1 tablespoon Light Miracle Whip (20 calories)
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 slices Healthy Life Whole Wheat Bread, toasted (70 calories)
3 slices Oscar Mayer deli ham (22.5 calories)
3 slices Oscar Mayer deli turkey (22.5 calories)
1 slice Sargento Reduced-fat Colby-Jack cheese (50 calories)
1-2 Boston lettuce leaves (~10 calories)
1 slice fresh tomato (~5 calories)
1 slice Oscar Mayer Cooked Thick-Cut Bacon (23 calories)
1/4 cup broccoli sprouts (~5 calories)
4 slices peeled cucumber (~4 calories)

In a small bowl, combine the mayo, dill, pepper, and lemon juice.  Spread on one side of both slices of toast.  Layer one slice of toast with meats, cheese, lettuce, tomato, bacon, sprouts, and cucumber.  Top with remaining toast and secure with toothpicks.  Cut crosswise and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment