Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, January 23, 2021

Kielbasa Potato Spinach Skillet for Two



We had some leftover cooked kielbasa, so I added ingredients we already had on hand and made this tasty skillet meal to use it up.  Jeremy said he'd cut back on the brown sugar because the sauce was a bit sweet, but I loved it.  I'd cut back to 1 tablespoon sugar next time and I'm sure it will still taste great.

Kielbasa Potato Spinach Skillet for Two

Ingredients:
3-4 red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion 
1-2 links cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into thin slices
3-4 cups fresh baby spinach

Directions:
Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, covered, on high for about 4 minutes until potatoes are tender; drain.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme, and pepper.  

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Saute onions until tender.  Add potatoes and kielbasa and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes.  Stir in the brown sugar mixture and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.  Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment