Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Friday, December 25, 2020

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake



I brought this to serve at Christmas and it was delicious.  

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
9 slices pineapple in juice (20oz can), drained
9 maraschino cherries without stems
1&1/3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup shortening
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1 egg

Directions:
Heat oven to 350º F.  In a 9-inch square pan, melt butter in oven.  Sprinkle brown sugar over melted butter.  Arrange the 9 pineapple slices in the pan and place a cherry in the center of each slice.

In a medium bowl, beat remaining ingredients on low speed for 30 second, scraping sides.  Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.  Pour batter over pineapples and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Immediately place a heatproof serving plate over pan and turn over.  Leave pan upside-down over cake to let the brown sugar mixture drip down.  Remove pan.  Serve warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment