Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Thursday, February 6, 2020

Balsamic-Glazed Pork Tenderloin - Instant Pot


10 minutes to cook a Pork Tenderloin in the Instant Pot?!  Awesome!  I think it took about 35 minutes from start to finish including prep.  It was easy to make plus delicious. 

Instant Pot Balsamic-Glazed Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients:
1 pork tenderloin (~2 lb)  [I cut into two pieces to fit in pot]
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.  Rub olive oil over pork and then rub in seasoning.

Set Instant Pot to "Saute" mode and add garlic and pork.  Brown the meat for a minute on all sides.  Remove pork from pot.  Add 1 cup water to deglaze and scrape up brown bits with a wooden spoon.  Cancel Saute mode and whisk in soy sauce, sugar, and balsamic vinegar.  Return pork to the pot.

Seal the lid and pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.  Let the pot naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the way.

Place pork on a cutting board.  While it rests, turn the Instant Pot to "Saute" mode.  In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water.  Add to the pot and cook for 2 minutes, whisking until thick and bubbly.

Slice the pork and pour balsamic glaze over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment