Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, June 18, 2017

Toffee Bits Triangles


I had some leftover chocolate chips and toffee bits, so I found this recipe online to use them up with other standard pantry ingredients I already had on hand.  I made a half-batch since that's what I had for ingredients, and they turned out pretty good. Maybe more than good.  I ate way too many.

Toffee Bits Triangles
from Hershey's online recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 cups flour
8 oz pkg (1&1/3 cups) Heath Bits 'o Brickle Toffee Bits
12 oz pkg (2 cups) chocolate chips

Directions:
Beat butter and sugar in large bowl on medium speed. Add vanilla and egg yolk and beat until well mixed.  Stir in flour and 1 cup of the toffee bits.

Press mixture into a 15x10" jelly roll pan (I recommend lining it with parchment paper for easier cleanup).  Bake at 350º for 16-20 minutes or until light brown.  

Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over top while still hot.  Wait 5 minutes to allow chips to melt, then spread chocolate evenly.  Sprinkle remaining toffee bits over top.  Cool completely.  Cut into squares, then triangles.


No comments:

Post a Comment